Preperation Team Leader ( Days )
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
We produce Here at Heathrow, we have a team of around 450 colleagues. We produce gluten free products, topped pasta salads, composite salads - pasta, leaf, grains, pasta pots and snacking - duo pots for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda
What you'll be doing
As a Preparation Team Leader :
- Assess daily resource matches volume output vs. budget.
- Liaise with Engineering, Quality and Warehouse regarding factory start up and material supply.
- Manage the completion of any Return of Work interviews recommend and follow up or further action required.
- Update KPI Boards with shift performance results.
- Attend daily review meeting with peer group to influence and drive improvements and results.
- Lead daily review meeting with the team to influence and drive improvement and results.
- Constructively challenge performance of department- throughput rate and crew size.
- Liaise with other factory departments and support areas/ functions to pro-actively coordinate any potential future production and material supply issues and communicate accordingly
- Ensure the right resource and skill base is available at all times.
- Ensure relevant shift data captured is accurate.
- Drive adherence to GMP audits
- Creates a clean as you go culture with staff at all times.
- Reports and defects to direct manager and engineering and follow company policy.
- Ensures that COSHH procedures are followed.
- Ensure safety of others and promotes a safety ownership culture with staff.
- Understanding of the HACCAP system operated within the company and therefore understands the food safety risks and the controls in place to minimise these risks. The Team Leader has a responsibility to communicate appropriately on food safety issues.
- Hold all employees accountable for their areas of responsibilities as outlined in their job description.
- Proactively and effectively instigate and conduct investigation/ disciplines where appropriate in line with the company polices.
- Meets and strives to exceed KPI targets.
- Constantly challenges the “way we work” to recommend alternative options to enhance and improve current ways of working, with the aim to drive performance at all levels.
- Engage with all employees to convey good news stories/ company business updates and wellbeing initiatives.
- Ability to identify and nurture future talent for the business.
- Ensure performance data is logged accurately
- Validate all departmental performance data information gathered
- Ensure T&A data is validated each to ensure compliance to pay roll deadlines;
- Ensure that production area is left in a clean and safe condition.
- Review KPI Graphs to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify performance management/training requirements to coordinate with direct manager and HR function.
- Conducts the staff annual and monthly reviews are completed in a timely fashion.
- Manage the recruitment of staff to agreed budgetary requirements
What we’re looking for
- We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.