You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.
What you'll be doing
Shift: Thursday-Monday or Friday-Tuesday 07:30 - 16:00
This is a great opportunity for a Planner to join our team in Northampton, as planner you will:
- Utilise available planning systems to convert sales forecasts into achievable production and material plans and schedules that optimally balance customer service and operational cost efficiency
- Manage risks within the material plan and amend orders where possible/practical to achieve customer service and stock targets
- Share forecasts with suppliers and work with them to resolve issues with materials availability
- Measure, minimise and publish expected obsolete/over stocks (finished product and/or raw materials)
- Champion ongoing communication with the operations teams to ensure accurate exchange of information
- Propose and implement continuous improvements in own area
- Maintain a state of perpetual audit-readiness for all audits (GMP, H&S, Technical, Customer, Accreditation Bodies etc.) to ensure working practices are compliant at all times
- Translate production plans into material requirements and convert them into supplier purchase orders
What we’re looking for
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, preferably with FMCG experience
- You will need to have experience of being a planner and understand the planning process
- In addition, you need to be computer literate, with strong Excel skills and experience of planning systems. It's imperative that you have a good attention to detail and are an analytical thinker.
- Great team skills – to be able to share information with others in the team and together work on solutions to overcome issues
- You'll have some limited contact with customer supply teams, mainly through email, so need to be able to clearly and concisely share information
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.