You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
A major picking depot, employing more than 130 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 60 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
What you'll be doing
We have an exciting opportunity for a People Coordinator to join our team based at our Tamworth's depot:
As the People Coordinator you will be doing all supporting activities to enable effective resourcing and retention in the DTS picking site.
- shift pattern – site didn’t want to commit to any specific working days so 5 from
- Shift times - The shift pattern for this role is rotating, 6am - 2pm and 2pm 10pm
- pay rate – ATR was approved at 20k – 25k salaried
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
What we’re looking for
- Ensure that all new starters are either assigned a buddy or have a regular check in during their training period.
- Assist the Warehouse & Transport Managers to ensure that rotas are optimised, and that all colleagues who are rostered are available for work (picking up and highlighting any anomalies such as sickness, holidays, training courses etc).
- Support Apprentices / Degree Apprentices / Early years careers trainees to ensure that they have sufficient time and facilities to complete their on and off the job training, including supporting administration, scheduling, and acting as a mentor and co-ordinator for trainees and training providers.
- Act as safeguarding contact for young and / or vulnerable colleagues.
- Support engagement and inclusion activities on site to improve retention, by being the key point of contact. This will include ensuring planning participation in engagement surveys and supporting local community action plans.
- Liaise with on site / local agency management contacts for “point” issues relating to agency colleagues
- Support the Warehouse and Transport Managers by facilitating listening groups and forums locally. Support with any communication activity locally to follow up with this
- Co-ordinate the scheduling of development conversations for weekly paid staff annually
- Assist the Warehouse & Transport Managers with ensuring that all paperwork for colleagues is completed in line with procedures (i.e. new starter packs, schedules in Kronos, probationary reviews, changes during employment, leavers forms etc)
What you’ll get in return
- Have credible experience of working in a busy warehouse / transport operation (to enable empathy and judgement skills with colleagues and managers)
- Display a true passion and interest in people, what motivates them, and how to inspire great performance.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, particularly where English isn’t a first language
- Possess good planning, organisation and administration / IT skills
- Hold good stakeholder management skills to enable relationships with multiple stakeholders (managers, colleagues, agencies)
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success