You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all of the UK’s food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Hatfield is a major picking depot, employing more than 180 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 80 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
What you'll be doing
As a People Co-ordinator, you will co-ordinate all supporting activities to enable effective resourcing and retention in one of our direct-to-store picking sites.
Your role will include:
- Ensuring that all new starters are either assigned a buddy or have a regular check in during their training period
- Assisting the Warehouse & Transport Managers to ensure that rotas are optimised, and that all colleagues who are rostered are available for work (picking up and highlighting any anomalies such as sickness, holidays, training courses etc)
- Supporting Apprentices / Degree Apprentices / Early years careers trainees to ensure that they have sufficient time and facilities to complete their on and off the job training, including supporting administration, scheduling, and acting as a mentor and co-ordinator for trainees and training providers
- Acting as safeguarding contact for young and / or vulnerable colleagues.
- Supporting engagement and inclusion activities on site to improve retention, by being the key point of contact. This will include ensuring planning participation in engagement surveys and supporting local community action plans
- Liaising with on site / local agency management contacts for point issues relating to agency colleagues
- Supporting the Warehouse and Transport Managers by facilitating listening groups and forums locally. Supporting with any communication activity locally to follow up with this
- Co-ordinating the scheduling of development conversations for weekly paid staff annually
- Assisting the Warehouse & Transport Managers with ensuring that all paperwork for colleagues is completed in line with procedures (i.e. new starter packs, schedules in Kronos, probationary reviews, changes during employment, leavers forms etc)
The shift pattern for this role is rotating, 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm
What we’re looking for
- Have credible experience of working in a busy warehouse / transport operation (to enable empathy and judgement skills with colleagues and managers)
- Display a true passion and interest in people, what motivates them, and how to inspire great performance.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, particularly where English isn’t a first language
- Possess good planning, organisation and administration / IT skills
- Hold good stakeholder management skills to enable relationships with multiple stakeholders (managers, colleagues, agencies)
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Company pension offering up to 8% matched contributions
- Up to 4x life assurance
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications offering fully funded further study
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform 'my core benefits', cycle to work scheme and opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career