Packaging Machine Operator Night shift
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Bow, we have a team of around 800 colleagues. We produce sandwiches, wraps, platters, sub rolls and salads for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Sainsbury’s, Co-op, Asda, Morrisons and BP Wild Bean Café.
What you'll be doing
As a Machine Minder you would be responsable for:
- To manage the day to day operation of packaging/depositing machines in production on a shift basis.
- Label checking at start and finish of each reel.
- Complete Label/Line Check Sheets to ensure conformity and standard
- Check labels for all correct information
- Feed labels onto machines
- Feed films onto machines
- Ensure complete preparation of the machine prior to the start of shift
- Check quality of packaging
- Check quality of skillets
- Complete regular metal detector tests
- Keep the machines clean and tidy at all times.
- Liaise with asset care operatives and engineers about machine efficiency.
- Conducting accurate quality checks as scheduled.
- Maintain line efficiency at or exceeding planned line speed
What we’re looking for
Come and join our growing team at Greencore's sandwich manufacturing site in Bow, London.
Available shifts: nights (4 on 4 off) 17:30 - 06:00
Contract type: permanent, full time.
Good level of English required.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Increased holidays with service
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Quarterly £4k colleague raffles
- Xmas bonus
- Career and pay progression
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
We are proud to be a part of STOP THE TRAFFIK's anti-trafficking work. If you are looking for work in the UK, it’s important to know your labour rights, how to avoid false job adverts, and what to do if you’re facing exploitation at work. Find out more here: https://www.stopthetraffik.org/