Packaging Development Manager
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
We’re on the lookout for an exceptional Packaging Development Manager to join our Food for Now team where you'll be at the forefront of crafting the future of packaging, revolutionizing how we present and preserve the goodness in our food.
What you'll be doing
To lead packaging development activity, in accordance with customer and corporate social responsibility policies, acting as the packaging expert within the divisional product development function, to provide fit for purpose packaging solutions.
- Responsible for the project management of the customer /category development to meet the critical path
- Provide the packaging expertise at feasibility meetings, ensuring the suitability of packaging for product protection, manufacturing viability, and delivering within cost parameters
- Input packaging insight and knowledge within the category team to ensure packaging development is aligned with customer requirements
- Delivery of first to market packaging concepts to ensure we remain the preferred supplier of choice
- Introduce and refine new packaging concepts through the product development process ensuring that technical, manufacturing and quality standards are met
- Develop all packaging solutions, working with our preferred supplier, in line with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policies and customer objectives, to deliver a suitable packaging solution for launch
- Adherence to the product development procedures, ensuring that technical quality standards are achieved whilst maximising profitability
- Build and maintain customer relationships, alongside the product development manager and acting as the customer packaging contact, to provide accurate and consistent information internally and externally, identifying and resolving problems promptly
- Stakeholder management of operational peers to promote collaborative ways of working and delivery of the packaging agenda
- Develop the team capability through task focused coaching to ensure maximum performance and development to their potential
What we’re looking for
In order to be considered for this role you must have demonstrable expertise within packaging development ideally within the FMCG sector.
Other key atrributes include:
- Educated to degree level with demonstratable experience in delivering packaging solutions
- Experience of delivering high quality, sustainable, commercial packaging
- Demonstrable ability to lead multiple projects and prioritise own and others focus accordingly
- Good understanding of food manufacturing principals demonstrated through feasibility of proposals
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and abilities
- Evidences customer service values and is well respected by customers as a packaging authority
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving o.ur future success
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.