You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
AsOperations ControlleratManton Woodyou will direct the operations function for a Manufacturing Unit (People, Process and Product) that delivers the required KPI's across all shifts which enables the delivery of local operational objectives which exceed customer expectations.
You'll deputisefor the General Manager and will support your team to ensure they strive to the highest of standards at all times, providing inspirational leadership and direction to the operational community to ensure that people are kept safe, engaged, focused and always delivering to their potential.
Other responsibilities include:
- Control manufacturing spend, within sign off limits, to ensure that costs are aligned with business requirements and the agreed budget
- Co-ordinate, and take corrective action, to ensure all elements of operations are integrated and being utilised through cost efficient processes which deliver product to manufacturing food safety and customer standards
- Implement SHE plan/performance across the operational teams in order to enhance colleagues health and safety wellbeing in the workplace
- Consult and advise with relevant departments to ensure the effective and efficient use of all new capital investment projects /machinery to deliver best operational advantage
- Highlight bottleneck processes and take mitigating action that will deliver labour/waste targets
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to the operational community to ensure that people are kept safe engaged, focused and delivering to their potential
What we’re looking for
- You'll need to have previous experience of leading a manufacturing team within an FMCG environment, ideally food,and experience of working with customers.
- A sound knowledge of modern manufacturing methodologies and systems planning is essential alongside the capability to plan and implement initiatives in a complex organisation.
Not only will you be working for one of the country's leading food manufacturers, you'll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core.
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Car allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Private Healthcare cover
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.