You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.
We're looking for an Operations Controller to join us to cover a complex and busy unit at our Northampton site, that spans 3 factories. This is a great role for a seasoned Ops Controller, that enjoys working in a fast paced and busy environment, and is passionate about driving change. You'll be given autonomy to utilise your experience in managing the operation, reporting directly to the Head of Manufacturing who oversees all 5 factories on the site.
What you'll be doing
As Operations Controller,you will work across a number of different areas, consulting and advising relevant departments to ensure the effective and efficient use of all new capital investment projects, highlighting any bottleneck processes and taking mitigating action that will deliver labour/waste.
You will implement the end to end manufacturing plan in order to achieve the sites' productivity objectives, contributing to business planning that defines the manufacturing budget. You will monitor and take corrective action to ensure that labour and materials are being utilised in cost efficient processes which delivers product to manufacturing food safety and customer standards.
You'll deputisefor the Head of Manufacturing and will support your team to ensure they strive to the highest of standards at all times, providing inspirational leadership and direction to the operational community to ensure that people are kept safe, engaged, focused and always delivering to their potential.
This role looks after a total workforce of580 people across3 factories on site.
This role is also known asHeadof Operations,Senior Manufacturing Manager, Senior Factory Manager,Senior Production Manager.
What we’re looking for
- You'll need to have previous experience of leading a manufacturing team within an FMCG environment, ideally food,and experience of working with customers.
- A sound knowledge of modern manufacturing methodologies and systems planning is essential alongside the capability to plan and implement initiatives in a complex organisation.
- You'll have a good standard of education either through full time further education or gained as a work based apprentice.
- We're looking for a great leader and someone who is able to get the best out of the outstanding talent we have at Greencore
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
Not only will you be working for one of the country's leading food manufacturers, you'll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Car allowance
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Share incentive bonus
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.