Operations Controller - 3 Month FTC
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we have a team of around 2,700 colleagues. We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, baguettes, rolls, sushi and the new range of salads for Marks & Spencer.
Our Northampton site has two restaurants with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
As the Operations Controller, you will be responsible to create and implement the manufacturing strategy for the Business Unit to ensure that business plan and strategic objectives are achieved.
You will also lead, engage and inspire the management and colleague communities working across the manufacturing unit to drive a people first culture with progress improvement plans throughout all metrics.
This will include:
- Formulate and implement a manufacturing strategy to ensure that business targets are delivered, and support is in place to develop each location/manufacturing unit to deliver the appropriate Business Unit strategic objectives.
- To lead all production elements for the Business Unit, to ensure that functional capability and team performance are built and directed to deliver business plans and targets.
- Promote compliance with and the improvement of safe operating policies and practices across all supply chain operations within the Business Unit, including third parties, to embed a safety-first culture within the working environment.
- Act as the manufacturing lead in cross functional/customer projects to ensure that all developments include collaborative working which results in successful new implementations and ongoing service improvement.
- Ensuring that our customer demand can be met through effective decision making and feasibility of new product
- Delivery of the resource plan and management of the risks associated in labour planning to ensure sufficient labour to meet the production plan, including management of the employee relations agenda e.g. trade unions, colleague consultation forums etc
- Active GME plans in place that reach all areas with your span of control
What we’re looking for
- Degree Calibre
- Demonstrable experience as a senior leader of a supply and distribution team in a FMCG environment; experience to include development and execution of a manufacturing strategy
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing procedures and practices
- Experience working in a chilled environment with short shelf life products.
- Experience of leading multi-site team
- Experience of leading major projects and delivering change within a large function/medium sized organisation
- Financial awareness and high level of understanding of profit and loss management
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.