You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, salad bar bulk products (2kg), pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Morrisons, Co-op, Asda, Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury’s, KFC, Nando’s, Pizza Hut and Costco. Our Spalding site has a restaurant with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
The purpose of this role will be to deliver operational compliance training to ensure site colleagues have the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out their role.
- Support the delivery of essential training and buddying in the first twelve weeks of employment for site new starters to ensure new colleagues are equipped to succeed in and beyond their probationary period
- Work with subject matter experts to maintain, update and develop standard operating procedures including working practice updates, coordinating and delivering refresher training, through observations, assessments, retraining or policy and procedure updates for colleagues
- Deliver training in specific areas of legal compliance, factory floor skills, standard operating procedures, safe systems of work, hygiene, health and safety, compliance food safety, etc. in line with agreed standards
- Support the delivery of the new joiner induction at a site level for all new starters
- Verify training previously carried out to ensure colleagues are carrying out their work activity in accordance with the systems and procedures in place
- Maintain skills matrices and training records for all colleagues on site
- Quality check, govern and validate training and competence standards are being met through regular audit
- Monitoring and reviewing progress of learners through feedback questionnaires, observations and discussions with managers
What we’re looking for
You will have previous experience of training others within a regulated environment with the confidence to provide clear and concise direction and feedback.
Experience within the food industry would be advantageous and other key attributes will include:
- Attainment of numeracy and literacy at entry Level 2
- Working knowledge of the use of computer systems such as Word, Excel, Email, PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and passion for quality
- A working knowledge of production and manufacturing processes
- Hands on experience buddying and coaching individuals to learn new tasks
- Train the Trainer qualification or equivalent
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.