Operational Trainer- Nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Heathrow, we have a team of around 450 colleagues. We produce gluten free products, topped pasta salads, composite salads - pasta, leaf, grains, pasta pots and snacking - duo pots for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s. More than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda
What you'll be doing
As a Operational Trainer :
This role allows those who have a passion for helping others to excel, by developing colleagues to unlock their potential. You will be expected to strive for excellence in your role by working collaboratively with stakeholders within the business to deliver operational/compliance training to ensure site colleagues have the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out their role.
- Support the delivery of/and/or deliver essential training and buddying in the first 12 weeks of employment for site new starters to ensure new colleagues are equipped to succeed in and beyond their probationary period.
- Work with subject matter experts to maintain, update and develop standard operating procedures including working practice updates, coordinating and delivering refresher training, through observations, assessments, retraining or policy and procedure updates for colleagues.
- Deliver training in specific areas of legal compliance, factory floor skills, SOP’s, safe systems of work, hygiene, Health and Safety, Compliance/BRC food safety, CCPs and CICs etc. in line with agreed standards
- Verify training previously carried out to ensure colleagues are carrying out their work activity in accordance with the systems and procedures in place
- Maintain skills matrices and training records for all colleagues on site
- Quality check, govern and validate training and competence standards are being met through regular audit
- Monitoring and reviewing progress of learners through feedback
- Use sound questioning and active listening skills to understand requirements and establish root causes
- Consult with stakeholders to draw out relevant information and provide feedback to inform learning and training needs requirements.
- Take ownership through to resolution, escalating complex situations as appropriate.
What we’re looking for
- We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.