You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our Warrington site is also known as the Italian centre of excellence, recent expansion and investment make this site a state-of-the-art manufacturing unit! We produce high quality Italian ready meals for both Tesco & Co-Op
What you'll be doing
As an Operational Trainer, you will deliver operational/compliance training to ensure site colleagues have the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out their role.
Working hours: 08.30-16.30 Monday to Friday with occasional need for flexibility (evenings/weekends)
- Support the delivery of/and/or deliver essential training and buddying in the first 12 weeks of employment for site new starters to ensure new colleagues are equipped to succeed in and beyond their probationary period.
- Work with subject matter experts to maintain, update and develop standard operating procedures including working practice updates, coordinating and delivering refresher training
- Deliver training in specific areas of legal compliance, factory floor skills, SOPs, safe systems of work, hygiene, H&S, Compliance/BRC food safety, CCPs and CICs etc. in line with agreed standards.
- Support the delivery of the new joiner induction at a site level for all new starters.
- Verify training previously carried out to ensure colleagues are carrying out their work activity in accordance with the systems and procedures in place.
- Maintain skills matrices and training records for all colleagues on site.
- Quality check, govern and validate training and competence standards are being met through regular audit.
- Monitoring and reviewing progress of learners through feedback questionnaires, observations and discussions with managers.
What we’re looking for
- An adaptable trainer who can respond to the needs of the site and deliver training within our factory environment
- Demonstratable experience of delivering engaging and motivating learning and development sessions
- PTLLS or Train the Trainer qualification
- GCSE or equivalent in numeracy and literacy
- A working knowledge of production processes
- Proficient in the use of computer systems such as Word, Excel, Email, Power point
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and targets
- No specific degree but training qualification preferable
- Someone who is happy to train the team in the shop floor
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.