Operational Trainer (Nights)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.
What you'll be doing
As an Operational Trainer, you will deliver operational/compliance training to ensure site colleagues have the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out their role.
You can choose to work 10pm - 8.30 am 4 days a week, or alternatively 5 days a week 10pm - 6.30 am
Responsibilties will include:
- Support the delivery of/and/or deliver essential training and buddying in the first 12 weeks of employment for site new starters to ensure new colleagues are equipped to succeed in and beyond their probationary period.
- Work with subject matter experts to maintain, update and develop standard operating procedures including working practice updates, coordinating and delivering refresher training
- Deliver training in specific areas of legal compliance, factory floor skills, SOPs, safe systems of work, hygiene, H&S, Compliance/BRC food safety, CCPs and CICs etc. in line with agreed standards.
- Support the delivery of the new joiner induction at a site level for all new starters.
- Verify training previously carried out to ensure colleagues are carrying out their work activity in accordance with the systems and procedures in place.
- Maintain skills matrices and training records for all colleagues on site.
- Quality check, govern and validate training and competence standards are being met through regular audit.
- Monitoring and reviewing progress of learners through feedback questionnaires, observations and discussions with managers.
What we’re looking for
- An adaptable trainer who can respond to the needs of the site and deliver training within our factory environment
- Demonstratable experience of delivering engaging and motivating learning and development sessions
- PTLLS or Train the Trainer qualification
- GCSE or equivalent in numeracy and literacy
- A working knowledge of production processes
- Proficient in the use of computer systems such as Word, Excel, Email, Power point
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and targets
- No specific degree but training qualification preferable
- Someone who is happy to train the team in the shop floor
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
We are proud to be a part of STOP THE TRAFFIK's anti-trafficking work. If you are looking for work in the UK, it’s important to know your labour rights, how to avoid false job adverts, and what to do if you’re facing exploitation at work. Find out more here: https://www.stopthetraffik.org/