Occupational Health Technician
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 14,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
This role will cover our manufacturing sites at Consett, Crosby, Leeds along with our distribution centres in Worksop and Glasgow.
What you'll be doing
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Occupational Health Technician to join our team.
As an Occupational Health Technician, you will provide health screening, routine services, and data analysis in support of the health and wellbeing service and the management of Health and Safety. Training & development will be provided to internal applicants who have the potential to do this job.
We're looking for a technician to:
- Provide new starter health screening for all colleagues to ensure compliance with statutory and internal standards
- Ensure health surveillance is undertaken on all colleagues in accordance with the risk assessment legislation
- Provide advice on individual health issues and promote health education within the workplace to maximise colleague and line manager understanding
- Compile and record occupational health statistical data to deliver statutory reporting requirements
- Fulfil administration tasks, including bookings, raising POs, filing etc, to support the efficient running of the Occupational Health Service
- Conduct routine Risk Assessments and reports in line with location requirements to monitor compliance with Group policy
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of health promotion and health, safety and welfare at work
- Trained to deliver and interpret Health Screening tests
- Maintains confidentiality; Good working knowledge of GDPR
- Good communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and think clearly in an emergency
- Confidence to make decisions and use initiative
- Assertiveness to ensure instructions on Health and Safety are carried out
- Good organisational and time management skills
- These may be trained or developed. These do not all need to be in place at recruitment.
This role will require travel to multiple sites across the North of England and Scotland. This role also needs full flexibility to work occasional weekends, nights and early shifts to cover all shift patterns for health surveillance and management referrals.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.