Occupational Health Business Partner
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 14,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
This is a business partnering, engagement and service delivery role focusing on leadership of service delivery and some clinical duties. It includes supporting the implementation of standards, delivery of service modernisation, clinical and data governance within a compliance and risk management framework.
- To lead on the delivery of an Occupational Health service that promotes the health and wellbeing of all Greencore colleagues within the workplace
- To partner with business leaders to support the delivery of an Occupational Health service that promotes the OH health and wellbeing of all Greencore colleagues
- To provide OH Practitioner expertise, advisory support and guidance, driving an agenda of continuous improvement to ensure Greencore is legally compliant, provides a safe and healthy working environment for colleagues and supports Greencore to be a sustainable business
The aim of this role:
Is to add value to the business through prevention, protection, maintenance and improvement of workforce, workplace health and wellbeing through a variety of proactive, integrated OH interventions.
The focus of this role:
To proactively support and contribute to the promotion of in-house service recovery and trajectory of service development, as a new initiative within a new and evolving team, based on implementation of national standards within a clinical governance framework through multi- partnership working within the business.
The opportunity of this role:
To join a new and developing regional team as part of a service recovery and transformation plan in meeting the operational workplace/workforce needs of the business
This role covers our manufacturing sites in Worksop and Kiveton, along with our distribution site in Worksop.
Our site in Kiveton employs over 600 and is the largest quiche bakery, producing more than 42 million quiche each year along with a wide range of ready meals and soups.
At Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
- Lead and contribute to the development and implementation of effective and consistent relevant Occupational Health (OH) standards, tools and resources to support the overall OH & wellbeing agenda
- Compile and record occupational health statistical data to support statutory reporting requirements, using the information to inform contract performance as a minimum for designated sites
- Assist with the onboarding and implementation of our new software system - Orchid Live, supporting a safe system of work and quality governance
- Respond to sickness absence referrals using evidence based resource, and provide guidance to the business with regards to rehabilitation programmes, work adaptation or redeployment so that appropriate action can be taken
- Clinically govern and monitor through audit and advisory support , in joint HSE management of site based OHT/OH support technician, the effectiveness of health surveillance programmes in accordance with the health surveillance plan.
- Clinically govern and monitor new starter H/S screening undertaken by onsite OHT/OH support Technician.
- Ensure the safekeeping of all confidential medical records in accordance with the business, NMC/GMC guidelines and regulatory data governance requirements to ensure auditable, evidence based information is in place
- Provide advice on individual health issues and promote health education interventions in liaison with internal and external organisation resources within the workplace to maximise colleague wellbeing
- Work at an advanced level drawing on diverse range of knowledge and decision making to determine evidence based intervent
- Plan and manage complete episodes of colleague/care consultations, working in partnership with other wider team members, referring as appropriate to maximise/optimise health outcomes and resource use, providing direct support to colleagues, SHE and HR
- Draw upon an appropriate range of multi-agency and inter-professional resources in your practice
- Practice high standard of appropriate and professional communication to develop and sustain partnership working with managers, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Utilise evidence based information through a variety of communication media
- Maintain a safe and confidential working environment.
- Any other duties within the scope of the post commensurate with salary grading.
What we’re looking for
- Registered Nurse with a valid NMC PIN or Allied Professional HCPC registered (E.g. Vocational Occupational Therapists will be considered and invited to apply).
- OH qualified to degree, OH Diploma and or SCPHN level or equivalent
- Capable of full OH Remit
- Robust background experience in Occupational Health, previous industry experience (preferably from a food manufacturing industry, but from manufacturing in general as a minimum).
- Ability to travel to sites as per business needs.
- Experience in clinical audit/policy development
- Experience in complex case management with effective reporting skills and report writing.
- Experience in building effective stakeholder relations with ability to influence,, collaborate and drive engagement
- Experience in defining, delivering and communicating a wellbeing programme is desirable
- Mental health experience is desirable
- Use of ORCHID Occupational Health Management System is desirable
- Ability to manage complex and difficult/unpredictable situations
- Presentation skills
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.