Occupational Health Advisor (2 days a week)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Bristol we are the UK’s leading producer of Chilled Sauces & Soups! From our site we supply over 37% of the UKs chilled sauces and 20% of the country’s chilled soups to both Sainsburys & Asda.
What you'll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to develop their occupational health career in house, within a food manufacturing environment.
You will lead the delivery of a good occupational health service, which ensures all employees work in a safe environment. This role will involve some initial work around setting up processes, planning Wellbeing and Health Surveillance programmes and processes for referrals.
Day to day you will:
- Work with operation teams to deploy safe working policies and health promotions schemes to maximise employee wellbeing and minimise absence rates
- Monitor number and capability of first aiders to ensure that there are trained and competent to provide the required level of response in an emergency
- Ensure health surveillance is undertaken on all employees in accordance with the risk assessment legislation
- Provide the sites with health data analysis based on case management and health surveillance to drive compliance, prioritising local prevention activities and informing division wide policy development
- Provide medical advice, support and counselling to employees where required and guide the company on progress and adaptations as appropriate
- Ensure the safekeeping of all confidential medical records, in accordance with GDPR guidelines, to ensure auditable information is in place
What we’re looking for
- You will need to be a Registered Nurse with a specialist qualification (Degree or Diploma) in Occupational Health
- Experience of undertaking case management and surveillance in-house or with external providers
- Have confidence to make decisions and use initiative in this standalone role
- Be able to maintain confidentiality with a working knowledge of GDPR
- Have a basic understanding of Excel
We will consider two days per week which are accessible to the postholder, though occasional flexibility is required across evenings and weekends to capture all colleagues across the business.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
We are proud to be a part of STOP THE TRAFFIK's anti-trafficking work. If you are looking for work in the UK, it’s important to know your labour rights, how to avoid false job adverts, and what to do if you’re facing exploitation at work. Find out more here: https://www.stopthetraffik.org/
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.