New Product Development Controller
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our Warrington site is also known as the Italian centre of excellence, recent expansion and investment make this site a state-of-the-art manufacturing unit! We produce high quality Italian ready meals for both Tesco & Co-Op.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for an experienced NPD Controller to join our very capable and extremely talented team and oversee our ready meals and quiche division. Your role will be to lead the product development team to deliver the customer category food strategy ensuring profitable growth for Greencore and our customers whilst building great customer partnerships. The role will provide exposure to strategic customers and allow this individual an opportunity to own excellence programs and lead a high performing team.
- Review all customer product development briefs to ensure alignment to the food strategy, escalating any misalignment.
- Lead the team to develop market relevant, commercially viable product and packaging concepts of repeatable and sustainable quality in line with the food strategy and innovation pipeline
- Stakeholder management at site senior management level to ensure alignment to deliver the customer, category and Greencore strategy
- Role model for the ‘Great Food’ principle, providing challenge to put food quality and innovation at the heart of the business
- Use food and insight trends to influence concept direction working in partnership with the marketing and portfolio teams
- Sets the standards for the Product Development teams to deliver Best in Class Product Development service in terms of great food, customer communication, processes, and procedures
- Responsible for margin delivery through accurate concept development, product costing, implementation phase to achieve or exceed concept target costs
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that across the team people are kept safe, engaged, focused, delivering their potential whilst having the right training and tools to effectively deliver in role
- Ensure compliance to Product Development procedures and polices so products are developed right first time
- Contributes to the Senior Product Development leadership team to support decision making process within the department
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate will have a real passion for food and emerging trends along with a natural ability to motive and inspire a team. This individual will play a key part in the development of the function and growth of the business unit and the right candidate will be excited by this opportunity and enthusiastic about sharing their experience and expertise. They will also demonstrate the following attributes:
- Experience of leading teams within own label chilled food product development
- Proven track record of having delivered high quality, sustainable commercial products
- Experience in effective management of relationships with retailers and with senior internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated an ability to structure work and focus a team to deliver against an agreed vision
- Good understanding of commercial and category management
- Graduate calibre; food / consumer science degree or equivalent knowledge gained in the work place
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
There will be flexibility to work from home in this role but you will likely need to be at our Warrington or Kiveton site a couple of days a week with travel to the customer as and when required.
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.