Network Support Engineer - Hybrid
We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK and our purpose is to make everyday taste better. Employing over 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK, suppling all the major supermarkets including convenience and travel retail outlets, discounters, coffee shops, foodservice with sandwiches, salads, sushi, chilled snacking, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
Why Greencore Technology?
- Be part of the next stage in business and technology transformation for a major food manufacturer.
- We are setting our Technology Strategy for the next 5-10 years in the coming months, including ERP, HR, Logistics, Engineering, and supply chain solutions, as we look to enable business opportunity by improving our technology.
- Our fun, largely internal IT team continues to grow and will have almost doubled over the last year.
- We are using IoT with cloud-native event streaming to turn production lines into insightful data to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- We are finding opportunities to make our business more effective using bespoke applications running on cloud-native technology.
- We welcome enthusiastic, energised Tech loving individuals to come and help Greencore get even better by further improving our systems, data, and insight.
- Our projects over recent years, have delivered award winning bespoke applications, ranging from people development and performance management solutions to driving real time insight and data on how our manufacturing processes are operating to improve quality, efficiency, and loss.
What you'll be doing
To promote the availability, performance, security, effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation and maintenance of business applications and the associated infrastructure
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Participate, as needed, in incident resolution and problem management, including identification, diagnosis and root cause analysis ensuring rapid resolution and minimising impact on services and data integrity.
- Participate in stakeholder forums (end-users, third party agencies or other functions within IT), obtain feedback, to promote service understanding.
- Perform regular system monitoring and alerting to verify the integrity and availability of appropriate resources and their associated processes to allow services to perform effectively and in line with business expectation
- Perform regular compliance activity, implementing, and responding to established security alerts, to identify and rectify possible security breaches or performance issues quickly and proactively working closely with the Security team.
- Actively and openly communicate risks, operational problems and tickets ascertaining business impact and escalating where appropriate.
- Respond to requests for support in a timely fashion, ensure it meets the agreed service levels. Ensuring that customer Service is of a high standard and continually improved.
- Follow appropriate controls over configuration, transition, and change, maintaining the appropriate level of documentation, training and skills, to ensure adherence to common process and reference resources are created to describe changes.
- Identify and document gaps in services highlighting underlying performance, recommending solutions where known, to contribute to the improvement of services
What we’re looking for
- Expert knowledge of running / managing / using systems within a manufacturing environment
- Good analytical and communication skills to be able to converse with business users in their language
- Practiced problem-solving skills and techniques
- Experience working within a multi-site organisation or Group
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- We are committed to internal development and promotion opportunities
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.