Multi-Drop Van Driver (4pm-5pm starts)
ou may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Our Distribution Centre in EXETER is a major picking depot, employing more than 150 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 80 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
What you'll be doing
From the simple sandwich to a range of chilled foods, our customers need fresh stock daily and you could be part of our nationwide team making some of those 3.5 million deliveries each year and keeping Britain fed.
You would be expected to work five, 8-hour days a week, which would include a Saturday or Sunday.
On-the-job training is provided and you will be partnered up with another team member to start with. If you are keen to progress, Greencore can also offer development opportunities to further your career.
- Shift Times: Start between 4pm and 5pm, with the route planned in at 8 hours long.
- Pay Rate: We offer a total rate of £12.75 per hour, made up from base rates and incentives.
- Overtime: Premiums are payable after 42 hours at £15.25 per hour.
- Shift Pattern: Full time, Permanent, any 5 out of 7 days.
- Workload: On average between 20-30 drops per day.
What we’re looking for
Being great with people is essential. In fact, this is the first thing we look for when we recruit a Greencore driver. Of course, you also need to have a full UK driving licence held for at least six months with a maximum of 3 points.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- 28 Holidays including bank holidays
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Companya share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- On-site car park
- On-site subsidised food area
- Weekly pay
We are proud to be a part of STOP THE TRAFFIK's anti-trafficking work. If you are looking for work in the UK, it’s important to know your labour rights, how to avoid false job adverts, and what to do if you’re facing exploitation at work. Find out more here: https://www.stopthetraffik.org/