You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Crosby, we have a team of around 300 colleagues. We produce sushi for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic Maintenance Technician to join our team in Crosby. This role will be working on a 4 on, 4 off shift, Days and nights.
What you'll be doing
As one of our Maintenance Technicians you will:
- Complete fault finding, planned and preventative maintenance on plant and equipment to maximise equipment reliability and performance
- Maintain ongoing communications with the operations team ensuring they are fully aware of all relevant engineering activities and schedules
- Respond to internal customer needs to maximise production uptime according to given priorities
- Comply with food safety standards and controls to ensure all work is carried out correctly and safely
What we’re looking for
- NVQ Level 3 as a minimum
- Keen to learn new things, this role might suit a junior engineer or someone looking for their first role in a manufacturing company
- You will love engineering and enjoy thinking on your feet and solving problems with a methodical approach. Our environment is fast paced and we are investing in our technology so flexibility is key to be successful.
- Experience in electrical and mechanical fault finding, ideally in a fast paced production environment (though this is not essential and can be trained)
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.