Maintenance Shift Leader
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda.
What you'll be doing
We’re currently looking for a Maintenance Shift Leader to join our team here at Selby.
As the Shift Leader, you will be responsible for 5 engineers on your shift ensuring the team’s workload is planned and prioritised to ensure maximum productivity.
You will also be responsible for:
- Leading the shift engineering team to create a high performing culture and ensuring excellent manufacturing practices are followed
- Executing the planned preventative maintenance schedule to maximise machinery up time and minimise disruption to production targets
- Ensuring the shift engineering team produces all documents and reports accurately and presents information in the required format to given time scales
- Ensuring that the permit to work is in place and adhered to so that contractors and colleagues can work safely
- Ensuring all plant equipment adheres to all relevant legislation and that there is a safe working environment maintained at all time
What we’re looking for
As a Shift Leader, you will be qualified to an accredited apprentice level, or hold an Engineering HNC with experience in either food or pharmaceutical manufacturing.
You will also have:
- Demonstratable knowledge of manufacturing machinery and processes
- People management, leadership or supervisory experience
- Experience managing costings and budgets
- Experience operating within a lean environment
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If you’re interested in this opportunity join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.