Maintenance Engineer - nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Wisbech, we have a team of 450 colleagues and manufacture premium chilled ready to cook meals for major retailers such as Asda and Co-op.
What you'll be doing
We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join us on a permanent basis. The role consists of day to day maintenance tasks and site repairs to assist operations in achieving maximum productivity
As one of our highly skilled maintenance engineers you will:
- Carry out fault finding, problem solving and planned and preventative maintenance on plant and equipment to maximise equipment reliability and performance
- Respond to internal customer needs to maximise production up time according to given priorities
- Comply with food safety standards and controls to ensure all work is carried out correctly and safely
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and is audit ready
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to promote Health & Safety and/or operational efficiency and effectiveness
The shift pattern is 4 on, 4 off 12hrs nights
What we’re looking for
- A time served accredited apprentice or an engineer with equivalent experience plus appropriate certification
- Experience in electrical fault finding is essential to this role
- A passion for engineering and ability to solve problems with a methodical approach
- Somebody with an analytical mind coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into our Greencore culture
- Food/FMCG manufacturing experience is desirable
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.