Low Risk Coordinator
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
Working as a Low Risk Coordinator in our warehouse department, you will lead nominated colleagues & manage the consistent application of processes within a given area. You will ensure ingredients are packed, transferred, prepped or printed to the agreed time scale and standards to keep production lines and preparation areas running without downtime. When not covering senior coordinators, you will support the Picking team, to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of products and the safe loading of orders.
- Deliver area productivity and efficiency targets, resolving problems and issues as they arise.
- Continuously monitor all operational processes and the overall production environment to ensure that activity complies with food safety manufacturing standards.
- Monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment through H&S pre-start paperwork, highlighting trends and issues to ensure asset performance is consistent and reliable.
- Promote a good Health, Safety & Environmental culture within the department that complies with procedures, accident investigations, corrective actions and near miss reporting to promote a safe working environment.
- Review operational trends within area to identify & act on opportunities that make sustainable improvements to increase quality, performance and/or profit in support of the shift operational plan.
- Monitor & review team capability, ensuring all staff are clearly focused on their key objectives & developed to maximise their potential.
- Detailed handovers between shifts informing of any issues, (materials, engineering etc.) helping nights to run efficiently and effectively but also building the relationship between shifts.
- Receive and check incoming pick tickets
- Locate products using technology
- Retrieve orders according to quantity etc. ensuring accuracy
- Build pallets with orders and position them to loading docks
- Wrap orders before loading on trucks
- Ensure that the products are safely loading to lorries to ensure we can meet customer demands.
What we’re looking for
- We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
Previous experience working in similar environment would be desirable, however here at Greencore we offer full training and support.
· Good Communication Skills
· Management Skills
· Entry Level 3 English and Maths
· Flexible working approach
· Computer Skills
· Good time Keeping
· Basic Food Hygiene
· Basic Health and Safety
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.