Line Leader (Days)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.
What you'll be doing
(PS: THIS IS A FULL-TIME ROLE WORKING 40 HRS PER WEEK ON AVERAGE AND THE SHIFT WILL INCLUDE WORKING ONE WEEKEND AS WE ARE A 27/7 OPERATION.
WE DO NOT HAVE ANY PART-TIME ROLES.
PLEASE ALSO MAKE SURE THAT YOU CAN ARRANGE YOUR COMMUTE TO WORK ON YOUR OWN AS WE DO NOT PROVIDE TRANSPORT)
- Deliver line/area productivity and efficiently targets, resolving problems and issues as they arise, and produce ingredients or goods in line with the agreed production plan
- Continuously monitor raw materials/ingredients, all operational processes, and the overall production environment to ensure that all activity comply with food safety manufacturing standards
- To lead nominated colleagues and manage the consistent application of processes within a given area/line to ensure products are prepared/manufactured to the agreed standards and production plans.
- Monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment, through Optimum Equipment Efficiency (OEE), highlighting trends and issues to ensure asset performance is consistent and reliable
- Promote good health, safety, and environmental culture within the department that complies with procedures, and corrective actions and completes near-miss reporting, to promote a safe working environment
- Occasionally review operational trends within Line/Area to identify and act on opportunities that make sustainable improvements to increase quality, performance, and/or profit in support of the shift operational plan
- Provide training to operational staff
What we’re looking for
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
- A good standard of education; demonstrating good literacy and numeracy skills, Able to communicate and build rapport at all levels with the team and management
- Experience operating as a lead operative within an FMCG environment
- Can demonstrate working in a safe manner and do good H&S practices
- Good problem-solving skills and experience in using Lean practices to resolve production issues or enhance performance
- Practices and understanding in Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Previous experience in directing a diverse workforce and team leading is advantageous
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
What we offer -
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Holiday entitlement #
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company shares save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications and apprenticeship programs
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform on various outlets, holidays, hotels, food and much more
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Subsidized food and drinks in the canteen
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on-the-job training and development opportunities to further your career.
#foodmanufacturing #cleaningjobs #jobsinnorthampton #factoryjobs #warehousejobs