Line Leader (Days and Nights)
******NEW PAY RATES COMING SOON*******
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A FULL TIME ROLE ( 40 HRS PER WEEK )
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.
Various shifts available including weekends. Days 05:00-13:30 , Nights 18:00-02:30
Please note this will involve working in a chilled environment and is a full time role.
What you'll be doing
- Deliver line/area productivity and efficiently targets, resolving problems and issues as they arise, produce ingredients or goods in line with the agreed production plan.
- Continuously monitor raw materials/ingredients, all operational processes and the overall production environment to ensure that all activity comply with food safety manufacturing standards
- Monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment, through Optimum Equipment Efficiency (OEE) highlighting trends and issues to ensure asset performance is consist and reliable
- Promote a good health, safety and environmental culture within the department that complies with procedures, corrective actions and completes near miss reporting, to promote a safe working environment.
- Occasionally review operation trends within line/area to identify and act on opportunities that make sustainable improvements to increase quality, performance and/or profit in support of the shift operation plan
- Provide training to operational staff.
What we’re looking for
- Good numeracy and English Language skills both verbal and written
- Can demonstrate working in a safe manner and do good H&S practices
- Accurate and pays attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of and or experience of working in a FMCG/Warehouse would be advantageous, though full training is provided.
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.