Line Coordinator - Nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we operate one of the most impressive facilities in Europe, based across a campus of 5 manufacturing units, and we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day . We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks & Spencer.
Shifts: 10:00PM – 06:30AM – ALL SHIFTS WILL INCLUDE EITHER WORKING 1 DAY OVER THE WEEKEND OR BOTH DAYS OVER THE WEEKEND.
What you'll be doing
As Line Coordinator at Greencore your role will be working across three key areas of People, Safety and Operations.
Most importantly you’ll be the point of contact for a team of colleagues, meeting and greeting them on arrival and departure and ensuring that they are equipped to succeed. You’ll coordinate colleagues so they can rotate across different tasks and give feedback to colleagues on task performance and adherence to operational standards to build their skills and confidence to play a key part of the team. You’ll be a great talent spotter, supporting the development across your team and will be the person your team looks to for guidance and support.
You’ll co-ordinate and cover breaks whilst managing working time and reporting absences to line managers and take a keen interest on the safety and welfare of your team members, making sure prestart safety checks are completed, reporting any near misses, and checking on the welfare of your team.
You will have responsibility for a particular area or line in the factory and will ensure production is in line with the agreed plan during your shift, capturing key performance data and checking operational tasks are completed to our high standards. You will be the key point of contact for trouble shooting any machinery or material issues and working with your colleagues you’ll ensure that quality checks are completed for adherence to food safety, customer, and quality standards.
It’s a busy and fast paced role, where each day brings a variety of challenges and rewards, working in a small team you’ll be supported by our management teams and colleagues to help make every day taste better.
What we’re looking for
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
- You will be a confident and clear communicator with the ability to engage, influence and motivate others, and enjoy working with people and teams
- A commitment to not only self-development but also multi skilling and developing others in your team
- A basic understanding and appreciation of health and safety and environmental practices and processes
- An understanding of the changing demands and pace of a manufacturing process
- Experience having worked to deliver a production plan, meet key performance indicators, and also implement improvements
- Confident using data and software systems e.g., data entry and paper traceability records
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.