Line Coordinator - Nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda
What you'll be doing
The Line Coordinator will work in partnership with the line operatives as part of the team, supporting activities involved in the improvement of the improvement and maintenance of line, process and people performance. The role required a flexible attitude to deal with a variety of production issues as they arise on the lines within the area.
- Line troubleshooting and performance improvement;
- Assist both the Filler/Capper Operative and the Labeller Operative in the management and improvement of line performance by minimising downtime and focusing on the most effective solution, deputise for Operatives at prescribed break times or absence;
- To assist both the Filler/Capper Operative and the Labeller Operative in carrying out prescribed checks to ensure that all products meet the quality parameters in accordance with relevant operating specifications, for all customers, licence pack and co-pack;
- Checking of all critical control points for product safety and quality control points and responsible for all corrective actions;
- Responsible for completion of relevant documentation and sign off relating to readings and actions taken;
- Assist the Area Process Leader to improve line efficiencies by means of interpretation of production plans through knowledge and understanding of product, equipment, planning and manning;
- Assist line operatives with reductions in line down time and changeover time by changing and/or adjusting machinery parts as appropriate and to troubleshoot and resolve minor issues (mechanical or procedural);
- Assist in the training of operatives as necessary within your skills/knowledge parameters;
- Embrace new skills and activities which the business feels is necessary to improve us as a business e.g. TPM ,PPM, Asset Care and Workplace Organisation;
- Ensure the escalation is adhered to by yourself and the team;
- Interaction with the customer when they are in the factory.
- Working Sunday to Thursday 22:00-06:00
What we’re looking for
- Minimum GCSE level (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Food Safety Level 3 (training can be given)
- Health & Safety Level 3 (training can be given)
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.