You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Northampton, we have a team of around 2,700 colleagues. We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, baguettes, rolls, sushi and the new range of salads for Marks & Spencer.
Our Northampton site has two restaurants with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
To lead nominated colleagues and manage the consistent application of processes within a given area/line to ensure products are prepared/manufactured to the agreed standards and production plans.
What we’re looking for
- Deliver line/area productivity and efficiently targets, resolving problems and issues as they arise, produce ingredients or goods in line with the agreed production plan
- Continuously monitor raw materials/ingredients, all operational processes and the overall production environment to ensure that all activity comply with food safety manufacturing standards
- Monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment, through Optimum Equipment Efficiency (OEE), highlighting trends and issues to ensure asset performance is consist and reliable
- Promote a good health, safety and environmental culture within the department that complies with procedures, corrective actions and completes near miss reporting, to promote a safe working environment
- Occasionally review operational trends within Line/Area to identify and act on opportunities that make sustainable improvements to increase quality, performance and/or profit in support of the shift operational plan
- Provide training to operational staff
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A good standard of education; demonstrates good literacy and numerical skills, able to understand, communicate and report clearly in English
- Experience of operating as a lead operative within an FMCG environment
- Basic Food Hygiene Accreditation, Allergen Awareness, Health and Safety (provided by Greencore)
- Good problem solving skills and experience of using Lean practises to resolve production issue or enhance performance
- Previous experience of directing a diverse workforce and leading team to deliver
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.