You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our site in Kiveton employs over 600 and is the largest quiche bakery, producing more than 42 million quiche each year along with a wide range of ready meals and soups.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for a laboratory technician to join us at Kiveton. Your role will be to carry out microbiological, physical and chemical testing, as directed, adhering to procedures and protocols in order to deliver timely results which maximise production efficiency and effectiveness.
- Book and process all samples received for testing and record compliance or highlight adverse results so that appropriate corrective action can be taken
- Maintain ongoing communications with the relevant department and external parties ensuring they are fully aware of test results and relevant laboratory data
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and is audit ready for both internal and external customers including formal certification bodies e.g. Campden Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (CLAS)
- Recommend any opportunities for improvement to enhance testing process or communication with the broader team
- Operate in compliance with SHE policy to ensure that the working environment remains safe for all colleagues
What we’re looking for
- Degree qualified in a relevant field or equivalent calibre with relevant experience
- CLAS accreditation (maintained); with recognised laboratory experience
- Level 2 for Food Hygiene
- Level 2 Health and safety
- Chemical / COSHH training
- Basic computer skills – able to record and report test results on standard computer packages
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.