Are you passionate about driving? Do you have the ambition to want to become a qualified LGV Driver? If this is you we have an amazing opportunity to upskill you through an apprenticeship into becoming a fully qualified LGV driver working for Greencore, working in partnership with Instep UK to make this happen.
We are currently offering this at Greencore Food to Go – DTS, Core 42 Business Park, Core 3, Meridian Drive, Tamworth, B78 1TX
Due to on-going business expansion at Greencore DTS Tamworth, we are seeking enthusiastic and hard-working apprentice Class 1 Drivers to join this Distribution Centre. You will start as a Van Driver whilst you undertake your apprenticeship.
Start Date: 12th September 2022
What you'll be doing
General Responsibilities once LGV Licence Gained:
- Responsible for delivering goods in a safe and timely manner
- Directly liaise with delivery points
- Portray a professional branded image to all their customers
- To liaise and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external customers obtain signed or electronic POD'S
- Complete necessary transport administration at start, end and during shift
- Drive in a fuel efficient and safe manner
- Full compliance with all EU Driver Hours and RTD Regulations
- Ensure goods are transported with correct temperature specifications
- Ensure all equipment is used in line with the safe systems of work
- Pre and post vehicle checks are completed, and any defects reported in the correct manner
- Ensuring all PPE issued is worn at all times.
- Shift Pattern: 5 days out of 7 including at least one weekend shift
- Available Shifts: Early-morning
- Weekly Pay
What we’re looking for
No experience is needed as this is an apprenticeship programme, but you will require the following to join:
- Have no unspent endorsements other than endorsements for speeding and or parking offences to a maximum of 6 points
- Have no convictions (spent or otherwise) for careless/dangerous driving or driving under the influence of drink or drugs - convictions for CD/DD-DR/DD within the last 5 years
- Have reasonable knowledge of the UK Highway Code and be able to read and understand written instructions displayed on road signs.
What you’ll get in return
- An apprenticeship programme leading to you obtaining your LGV Class 1 licence
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- On-site car park
- On-site subsidised food area
- Weekly pay
- Full training will be provided
As you will be taking part in the apprenticeship programme, Greencore will share your personal details with our provider, Instep UK, for the purpose of administering the programme.