Internal Controls & Compliance Manager
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
What you'll be doing
To perform testing of internal controls and processes to ensure an effective internal control environment which adheres to best practice guidance. This will be a 10-month FTC covering maternity.
- Supporting the adoption and roll out of UK-Sox
- Design the strategy and calendar for creating, implementing and enhancing internal control procedures.
- Partner with risk and internal audit to ensure that mitigating controls and systems are accurately recorded and updated in the Group’s risk register.
- Ensure methodical documentation of processes, control objectives, risks, testing plans, testing results, conclusions and recommendations.
- Take corrective action to ensure correct controls and compliance in place and provide training and intervention where process is not followed
- Working collaboratively with key stake holders to develop best practice guidance
- Remain up to date with UK regulatory and compliance requirements
- Owning and maintaining the Finance Functional Risk Register.
What we’re looking for
- Professional Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with recent SOX, internal or external audit experience, at manager/ supervisor level
- External or internal audit background, with at least 2 years’ experience working in a Financial Accounts or Group Finance Department, is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Broad knowledge of all business processes
- Knowledge and experience of all aspects of Corporate governance
- Strong commercial background with clear understanding of fast paced businesses
- Accounting systems knowledge, with experience of SAP BPC or similar
- Good at developing business relationships with the ability to influence at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to work to tight and varied deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.