Infrastructure Build Engineer
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
What you'll be doing
To design, develop and implement infrastructure solutions to deliver new/enhance capability in line with initial specification and delivering additional functionality/capability in line with Greencore Group’s business needs
- Specify the design of Infrastructure elements in Projects that maintain alignment with Infrastructure Strategy guidelines and comply with Project Delivery guidelines and standards.
- Create, test and document new infrastructure solutions, from supplied specifications, to deliver in accordance with agreed Greencore Group standards
- Plan, design, execute and report tests to ensure that new and amended hardware or infrastructure solutions perform as specified
- Follow all appropriate project controls to ensure that any configuration or changes comply with Greencore IT project standards
- Contribute to the successful delivery of technical changes and enhancements to the Group's infrastructure
- Co-ordinates and supports the implementation and deployment of new customer-based infrastructure and clients
- Serves as a subject matter expert, providing expert help and guidance to inform any technical decisions affecting the Group's infrastructure services
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in computer science, Information Systems or Business Administration or related discipline
- Demonstrable experience of working in an infrastructure role in a centralised Group IT Team
- Working knowledge of manufacturing business ideally in the food or retail sector
- Experience in Portfolio Delivery or similar
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.