IT Infrastructure Support Engineer - Hybrid
Greencore is one of the UK’s largest leading food manufacturers, where we feed 90% of the UK population every month. We supply own brand convenience food products to all of the UK’s major retailers, foodservice, convenience and travel outlets with strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, salads, sushi, chilled snacking, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings
Why Greencore Technology?
- As part of a recent restructure, we are recruiting a large number of roles across the IT team, including some senior roles that demonstrates our investment in this space.
- We are doing some exciting things with Technology, such as the creation of bespoke applications using IoT with cloud-native event streaming to turn our production lines across 16 manufacturing sites, into insightful real time data to improve manufacturing efficiency
- In parallel to the fast passed innovative work, we also support our live services across the country running around the clock, and are setting our go-forwards technology strategy, including our approach to core systems such as our ERP, HR, logistics, engineering, and supply chain solutions - so there will be plenty going on!
- We are looking for energetic and fun skilled IT professionals who want to be part of our next stage in business and technology transformation, because at Greencore technology plays an important role in how we operate – and we have the ambition and a plan to develop our capabilities even further.
- Not only do we offer exciting career and professional development opportunities, but we also have a strong, friendly culture, where our people are very much at the core of everything we do. We are committed to developing our people, our wider team and our capabilities – in fact this growth culture is a part of our DNA.
What you'll be doing
Purpose of the role:
As part of the transformation of our IT Operations team, there is an immediate requirement to bring technical expertise to the team to help design, implement, improve and embed key foundational IT tools; these include but not limited to CMDB, endpoint management and monitoring, alerting and security tools.
The ultimate role of an IT Infrastructure Engineer at Greencore, you will be expected to provide an expert level of technical knowledge into the design, build and implementation of IT solutions, whilst contributing to IT Infrastructure roadmaps. Provide 24/7 support for incidents and problems, collaborating with the wider IT team to troubleshoot and ensure a complete resolution. Co-ordinate initiatives to deliver service improvements, including working with colleagues and ensuring work is delivered to agreed quality criteria and timescales. Continually assess ways of working in order to develop or revise artefacts and processes that improve team efficiency, effectiveness and introduce automation. A role model within the team who provides mentoring and coaching to peers and other IT team members as part of their development.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage, maintain, and monitor IT systems & infrastructure over a datacentre, local sites and cloud.
- Provide IT support to a business that runs over 40+ Manufacturing sites and Depots
- Manage and maintain back up and recoverability for all IT systems
- Collaborate and manage projects through our delivery lifecycle, ensuring new and altered services are transitioned successfully
- Continually document IT Systems and assist the documentation process within the department
- Manage support vendors for IT hardware, application, software and licensing.
- Keep abreast of development in the IT industry and consider proactively how these may be incorporated into Greencore IT systems
- Regular, planned late hours to support upgrades including security patching, and installation of new hardware/launch of new services
- On-call rota for out of hours support.
What we’re looking for
Technical Knowledge of:
- Operation Systems (Windows Server 2008 r2, 2012, 2016, 2019 and Redhat 7+)
- Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS and Google Cloud)
- Infrastructure Management and CMDB (Device42, BMC Helix and Tanium)
- Monitoring and Alerting Configuration (Zabbix, Solar Winds, Nagios and PRTG)
- Client and Server Management (Ivanti, VMWare)
- Scripting (PowerShell and Shell)
- Office 365 Administration (Standard Office Suite, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Azure Connect, Security and Compliance and Licensing)
- Security Tooling (Trend Micro, Azure Sentinel, Darktrace and Proofpoint)
- Audio and Video Conferencing (On-Premises Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams)
- Virtual Apps (Citrix 6+ and Azure Virtual Desktop)
- User and Device Policy Management (Active Directory, Group Policy, One Identity Active Roles)
- Previous experience in a similar role environment.
- Excellent communication skills / explain technical terms to non-technical people.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems identified through a variety of events in a technical environment.
- Knowledge of ITIL and change management.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Any relevant qualification desirable not essential
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.