Hygiene Zone Manager
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our Warrington site is also known as the Italian centre of excellence, recent expansion and investment make this site a state-of-the-art manufacturing unit! We produce high quality Italian ready meals for both Tesco & Co-Op
What you'll be doing
We have an opportunity for a Hygiene Team leader to join us at our site at Warrington. You will monitor and review the activities of a team of hygiene operatives to ensure all processes and standards for a given area are maintained during the production shift.
- Ensure that the team has the right number of resources with the appropriate skills, deploying a recruitment and training plan and adopting appropriate people practices, to enabling them to deliver the master cleaning schedule
- Create and present a clear forward resourcing plan (people and materials) for cleaning, sanitation, environment and technical, and adapt this in light of emerging circumstance to minimise food risk
- Direct and monitor the team’s delivery of the day to day hygiene activities, in line with the master schedule, to ensure operational integrity
- Communicate, and validate the team’s adoption of amendments to SOPs to ensure change is effectively implemented and improvements are made to functional hygiene performance and safety practices
- Review equipment and highlight damage, escalating risks, to inform the preventative maintenance programme
- Ensure personal and team compliance with inventory controls to facilitate the timely replacement of materials
- Provide appropriate information, in accordance with agreed procedures, to customers/regulatory bodies to ensure demonstration of process and procedures
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for colleagues and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set in the SHE Policy
Shift pattern: 4 on 4 off days 530-1730
What we’re looking for
- Experience of hygiene operations including management of a team ideally within FMCG environment
- Experience leading and working with a diverse workforce
- Detailed understanding of the impact of legislation on day to day operations in relation to food safety.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.