Hygiene Team Leader - Nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Crosby, we have a team of around 500 colleagues. We produce sushi for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
Team leader Nights 4 on 4 off 7pm-7am
What you'll be doing
- Identify hygiene requirements by monitoring changes in the production environment, developing and refining the SOPs and master cleaning schedule, to ensure safe food is delivered in compliance with regulatory, customer codes and identified best practice;
- Conduct Hygiene audits, completing in-depth micro trend investigation as necessary, to highlight the need for process and scheduling improvement and more effective communication;
- Plan and co-ordinate the hygiene aspects of external audits, and sign off of associated corrective actions, to maintain authorisation from regulators and customers;
- Complete risk assessment against sanitation standard and monitor delivery against operating procedure to ensure that all sanitation activities are fit for purpose and completed in a safe manner;
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set in the SHE Policy;
- Ensure that the team has the right number of resources with the appropriate skills, deploying a recruitment and training plan and adopting appropriate people practices, to enabling them to deliver the master cleaning schedule;
- Create and present a clear forward resourcing plan (people and materials) for cleaning, sanitation, environment and technical, and adapt this in light of emerging circumstance to minimise food risk;
- Direct and monitor the team’s delivery of the day to day hygiene activities, in line with the master schedule, to ensure operational integrity;
- Communicate, and validate the team’s adoption of amendments to SOPs to ensure change is effectively implemented and improvements are made to functional hygiene performance and safety practices;
- Review equipment and highlight damage, escalating risks, to inform the preventative maintenance programme;
What we’re looking for
- L3 Food Hygiene
- L3 HACCP
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Allergen Awareness
- Investigation of Microbiological Hygiene
- Pest Control
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Hygiene systems
- Experience of hygiene operations including management of a team ideally within FMCG environment
- Experience leading and working with a diverse workforce
- Detailed understanding of the impact of legislation on day to day operations in relation to food safety.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.