Hygiene Operative - Nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our site in Kiveton employs over 600 and is the largest quiche bakery, producing more than 42 million quiche each year along with a wide range of ready meals and soups.
What you'll be doing
Shift pattern for this role is Thursday to Monday OR Saturday to Wednesday (21:30-05:30)
Duties of the role include:
- Effectively carry out the day to day hygiene operations including, cleaning of building fabric such as walls and floors, storage areas such as chills and the stripping, cleaning and reassembly of related equipment such as pods and other food containers, in such a manner that meets required health, safety and hygiene standards.
- Responsible for carrying out hygiene operations in such a manner so as to ensure that physical, bacterial, material and chemical contamination of food does not occur, to recognise potential contamination issues and to ensure the early reporting of potential contamination issues to relevant personnel.
- Responsible for using and operating all tools, plant and equipment to prescribed training standards, including the usage , storage and application of chemicals and ensuring that correct concentration levels are observed at all times, ensuring that relevant PPE is worn at all times during application.
- Responsible for carrying out all deep cleaning requirements within relevant working area.
- As hygiene activities vary in time requirements, responsible for maintaining a close working relationship with all other hygiene team members so as to assist and ensure the timely execution of hygiene activities.
- To work with Q.A. Personnel , hygiene team, technical and shift supervisor to resolve hygiene issues, such as swab failures, audit findings and to assist in identifying hygiene issues.
- Subscribe to a quality approach, valuing cleanliness and team work to maintain the highest standards of housekeeping and hygiene.
- Assist relevant personnel in the carrying out of risk assessments and S.S.O.W.
- Responsible for signing off all relevant paperwork when required and to ensure sign off complies for auditing purposes.
- To undertake any other reasonable request as set out by the Shift Supervisor or Hygiene Manager.
What we’re looking for
All of the roles involve working in a fast past, chilled environment in a company that puts people at the core. The site operates 24/7 and you may be asked to do overtime on the weekend during peak periods.
All the roles require a good understanding of both spoken & written English. You will also have strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.