Hygiene Operative - Days
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, salad bar bulk products (2kg), pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Morrisons, Co-op, Asda, Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury’s, KFC, Nando’s, Pizza Hut and Costco. Our Spalding site has a restaurant with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
- Starting rate £10.93 per hour
- Once trained in all Hygiene departments £11.86 per hour
- Spalding, Lincolnshire Wardentree Lane, PE11 3UY
- Red: Week 1: Wednesday-Saturday Week 2: Thursday-Saturday 06:00-18:00
- Blue: Week 1: Sunday-Wednesday Week 2: Sunday-Tuesday 06:00-18:00
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Hygiene Operative to join our team at our Greencore Spalding site.
As a Hygiene Operative you be required to undertake all aspects of cleaning all food manufacturing areas, equipment and machinery to meet food hygiene standards.
You will be carrying out the consistent application of hygiene within a given area/line to make sure the area is maintained to the agreed standards. It'll be part of your job to ensure that all sanitation processes are completed in full and that hygiene standards for a given area are maintained during the production shift.
What we’re looking for
- To have worked as a Hygiene Operative, Food manufacturing or in a Hygiene role involving chemicals.
- Understanding of Health & Safety - you will promote a good health, safety and environmental culture within the department that complies with procedures and completes near miss reporting, to promote a safe working environment.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee appreciation events
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Onsite canteen serving hot food Day & Night
- Onsite staff shop (Great discounts)
- Free onsite car park
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.