Hygiene Operative - Days and Nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, salad bar bulk products (2kg), pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK. Our Spalding site has a restaurant with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Hygiene Operative to join our team at our Greencore Spalding site.
As a Hygiene Operative you be required to undertake all aspects of cleaning all food manufacturing areas, equipment and machinery to meet food hygiene standards.
You will be carrying out the consistent application of hygiene within a given area/line to make sure the area is maintained to the agreed standards. It'll be part of your job to ensure that all sanitation processes are completed in full and that hygiene standards for a given area are maintained during the production shift.
What we’re looking for
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment - you'll need to help deliver line/area productivity in line with the master schedule to ensure operational integrity
- Attention to detail - you'll have to ensure you follow the agreed plans for cleaning, sanitation, environment and technical and able to adapt in light of emerging circumstances to minimise food risk
- Understanding of Health & Safety - you will promote a good health, safety and environmental culture within the department that complies with procedures and completes near miss reporting, to promote a safe working environment
- Communication skills - you will provide training to operational staff, as well as follow reasonable instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) whilst complying to all technical and safety procedures.
- Ideally you will have previous experience of operating as a hygiene operative within an FMCG environment.
- Basic Food Hygiene Accreditation, Allergen Awareness, Health and Safety (however, training will be provided by Greencore).
- Good problem solving skills
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
NEW Rate £10.93 PH Days £11.35 PH Nights - STARTS 30TH JANUARY 2022
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Onsite canteen serving hot food Day & Night
- Onsite staff shop
- Free onsite car park
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.