Hygiene Operative - Days OR Nights
Nights - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 5pm-5am (after 6 weeks rotates to Thursday, Friday, Saturday for a further 6 weeks)
Days - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 5am-5pm (after 6 weeks rotates to Thursday, Friday, Saturday for a further 6 weeks)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda.
- Nights - £12.45 per hour (rises to £13.76 an hour once training is completed) quarterly attendance bonus £75
- Days - £11.20 per hour (rises to £12.88 an hour once trainign is completed) quarterly attendance bonus £75
What you'll be doing
As a Hygiene Operator, you will be responsible cleaning all resources of the factory in all areas, maintaining high quality hygiene standards and following Greencore practices in regards to cleanliness. Duties of this role include:
- Cleaning equipment and production areas
- Reporting on stocks to aid the Hygiene Team Leader in keeping all areas fully stocked with relevant equipment and cleaning products
- Equipment and production areas cleaned to the required standard and to schedule
- Using cleaning products at correct dilutions to ensure safe and efficient use
- Discretion at all times (will be required to work in areas containing private and confidential information)
- Working safely, conforming to all health and safety procedures
- Completion of required paperwork.
- Regular communication with Hygiene Team Leader as required
What we’re looking for
Full training will be provided if successful in this role but are looking for the following knowledge and experience:
- Experience working in a Hygiene based role is essential
- Health & Safety Level 2
- Food Safety Level 2
- COSHH Awareness
- Must be willing to learn and train in different areas on site
- Must be able to follow written instructions
- Must have a good eye for detail to achieve the inspection and cleanliness standards required
- Must be able to work on own for periods of time
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.