You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our Warrington site is also known as the Italian centre of excellence, recent expansion and investment make this site a state-of-the-art manufacturing unit! We produce high quality Italian ready meals for both Tesco & Co-Op
What you'll be doing
To drive all elements of the hygiene service within a manufacturing unit by setting standards and leading the hygiene teams to deliver our customers expectations
- Responsible for implementation of strategy, quality, efficiency and hygiene innovation to ensure the manufacturing unit has a hygiene service which supports the delivery of business objectives
- Provide leadership and direction to the hygiene community to ensure that people are engaged, focused and delivering their potential
- Establish a strong 360 hygiene vision incorporating the key elements of SHE, environmental and waste management, demonstrated through strong customer relations and effective management of 3rd party relationships and internal cross functional working
- Hygiene lead for coordination and successful delivery of all Manufacturing Unit visits and audits achieving recognition of excellent working practises which deliver growth and trust between all
- Monitor, audit and review the performance of the manufacturing unit hygiene teams to identify areas of improvement and innovation to ensure hygiene activities are delivered to plan, budget, and standards beyond compliance
- Delivery of projects to designated time scales and meeting all cross functional food safety and financial targets
- Responsible for the preparation and management of Manufacturing Unit hygiene budget, related Capex and negotiation/maintenance of 3rd party contracts that supply and safeguard the integrity of Manufacturing Unit standards
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for colleagues and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set in the SHE Policy
What we’re looking for
Were not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Knowledge of the principles of chilled food manufacturing in High Risk/Low Risk/Low Care
- Proven track record in FMCG & Hygiene Management
- Experience leading and working with a diverse workforce
- Experience of integrated Hygiene and environmental management systems
- Experience of equipment manufacture and capital expenditure requirements
- L4 Food Hygiene & L4 HACCP
- IOSH Managing Safely
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.