Head of Operational Risk and Compliance
You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
We prioritize excellence, quality, and environmental responsibility above all else and are now seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional to join our team as the Head of Operational Risk and Compliance
What you'll be doing
As the Head of Operational Risk and Compliance at Greencore, youll be responsible for leading the operational risk and compliance agenda. You will work cross functionally to identify areas of operational risk and ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
Your role will be crucial in safeguarding our operations, enhancing business performance and maintaining a strong culture of compliance.
- Develop, implement, maintain and continually review policies, procedures and standards for key areas of operational risk
- Identify operational and compliance training needs across our business and ensure appropriate training is developed, delivered and tracked.
- Introduce a programme of independent monitoring across the business to check compliance and identify any gaps in current process.
- Subject matter expert for ERM (Risk Advisor) for Operations and Engineering by leading the development of risk registers in line with ERM requirements. This includes risk identification, assessment, and monitoring controls and actions.
- Report regularly to Senior Leadership Team on compliance, any changing circumstances affecting risk and make appropriate recommendations to the management team to improve or further mitigate risk
- Keep track of regulatory changes to assure up-to-date compliance knowledge;
- Develop a standard methodology and framework for business continuity planning and crisis management relating to operations and engineering
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate should have experience working in a similar role.
- Strong understanding and experience of building operations compliance processes, risk management activity, business continuity and crisis management
- Have a good understanding of operations in a manufacturing environment and driving commercial operational improvements (ideally a food manufacturing environment)
- Good knowledge of automation of processes and IT systems that support our site activity e.g. stock management and processing (e.g. System 21, Main saver experience is advantageous but not essentialetc)
- Ability to challenge the status quo and iInfluence senior colleagues to gain buy in to approach
- Good knowledge of IT systems that support stock management and processing (e.g.System 21, Main saver etc) Has an understanding of business continuity, resilience and risk
Please note this role will involve travel acrossall of our Manufacturing sites
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits including a car allowance
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.