Head of Finance - Procurement
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
We are looking to appoint a Head of Finance to align structures, processes, and accountabilities with the respective Finance team to deliver profit and loss to inform strategy, budget, forecast, performance and provide decision support to the Procurement senior leadership team, ensuring that the internal control environment is implemented in line with group policy.
- Provide leadership and direction to the respective Finance team to ensure they are engaged, focused, developed and delivering to their potential
- Play a key role in driving excellence across the business, including monitoring and delivery of performance
- Financial partner in commercial / operational business cases including capital investment, net revenue management and sustainability
- Own the financial internal controls to ensure vulnerabilities are minimised and a continuous improvement plan is delivered
- Sign off accountability on key business decisions to ensure that they are commercially viable, sensible and are aligned with functional and Greencore strategies
- Provide decision support to the functional leadership teams to ensure optimal decisions are made with factual information
- To optimise operational and commercial performance through performance monitoring, using weekly and monthly forecasting and budgeting, capital spend management, commercial balance sheet, and cost performance
- Review, consolidate, own, and implement recommendations for a designated areas budget and forecast Profit and Loss to ensure it is in line with strategy which is realistic and deliverable
- In conjunction with the data and analytics team, develop, continually improve, own, and implement advanced analytics that lead to improved insights and recommended actions for the senior leadership team to use to drive improved business performance
- Support the achievement of our sustainability plan through leading with a sustainability mindset
- Support the achievement of our inclusion and diversity aspirations through role modelling and personally leading and hiring inclusively, embracing and encouraging diversity
- Implement and ensure compliance with our data management and governance policies, procedures and/or guidance governance approaches so that associated risks are mitigated and managed
What we’re looking for
- Educated to degree level, trained Chartered Accountant with industry experience
- Influencing skills across multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines managing multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Leadership presence and excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills with proven ability to research, understand and resolve a wide range of finance issues
- PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Tenacity and determination to ensure goals are achieved
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- 25 days holiday
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.