You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
What you'll be doing
The HSE Manager (South region) will provide and build management systems, develop improvement strategy and plans, establish governance and performance metrics and provide professional support, coaching and guidance to site Leadership team members and their teams on all operational Health, Safety and Environment matters. They will also be a technical expert with detailed knowledge of HSE law and its successful application.
- Develop, manage and embed effective and consistent implementation of legal HS&E policies and proceduresacross the region, to enable compliance and continuous improvement. Ensuringalignment with Group standards and processes.
- Work with all colleagues across the regionto ensure HSE processes are live and living.
- Provide legal and technical guidance, particularly the leaders and supervisors. Drive, create and support the implementation initiatives to embed controls to mitigate risks arising from new/changing HSE legislation.
- Through internal stakeholder engagement, design, develop, implement and manage programmes that grow the HSE brand, using technical knowledge and expertise to propose and develop a variety of initiatives that support culture maturity and improve behaviours that underpin site management and performance metrics.
- Develop and deliver the Health, Safety and Environment strategy plan and roadmap to improve Health, Safety and Environment performance across all reactive and proactive metrics.
- Develop, implement and providing site insight, governance, data and KPIs to drive improvements and effective risk management.
- Establish and design local arrangement to deliver requirements for group reporting and governance.
- Create systems and educate site teams to ensure effective investigation of all incidents.
- Provide direction and coaching to develop sites HSE capability. Grow functional capability and expertise within the HSE team and colleagues on sites, to maximise performance and potential.
- Co-ordinate and manage local stakeholder relationships (EA, HSE, Customers, auditors, community)
- Ensure that legal statute is followed and applied correctly so that HSE incidents are managed reported to the enforcing authorities.
- Lead and manage enforcement visits, external audits, customer visits successful completion
- Lead the Health, Safety and Environment locations audit programmes to ensure compliance with agreed standards and recommend areas for improvement
- Assess needs, plan for improvement, and manage Security and security teams in site to improve site security arrangements on site. Ensure compliance with legal and customer requirements.
What we’re looking for
Were not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- National / Professional qualification (preferably to degree level) in H&S Management
- Proven experience in H&S management ideally gained in a manufacturing environment
- Practitioner member of IEMA (PIEMA) or working towards with environmental qualifications
- Demonstrable experience of continual technical development including current HSE legislation
- Additional knowledge of Occupation Health, Security Management
- Great soft skills to build momentum and passion on a goal. Influencing and motivating stakeholders all all levels of the site. Ability to be an effective and key member of the site leadership team
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.