You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Park Royal, we have a team of around 1,150 colleagues. We produce sandwiches, wraps and platters for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Morrisons, Co-op, Spar, Wilko, Sutherlands, Iceland and Poundland.
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for providing professional support and guidance to the Site Leadership team on all operational Health, Safety & Environmental matters. You will develop and implement a behavioural safety and environmental awareness culture across the site, working closely across all departments to champion a programme that promotes a positive health and safety culture for all.
- Ensuring that the HS&E policies and systems are managed effectively on site is a key element of this role. You will need to ensure the policies adhere to all relevant HS&E legislation and agreed internal standards.
- You will monitor and embed the location management processes, including the investigation of all lost time incidents and management of the incident recording system, to ensure a sage working environment is maintained at all times. It will be your responsibility to ensure that any incidents are reported to the enforcing authorities to ensure legal compliance.
- You will lead the HS&E audit programmes on site to ensure compliance within the agreed standards. You'll drive continual improvement to maintain the highest standards of H&S performance at all times, recommending effective and practical solutions to implement within the business.
- You will also be responsible for managing compliance with all aspects of the site's environmental permit, as well as developing and implementing an Environmental awareness culture across the site and championing a programme that promotes sustainability.
What we’re looking for
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- You'll already have experience of working within the field of Health and Safety, with a good working knowledge of current H, S & E legislation, ideally within a Food or FMCG environment. You'll have a track record of implementing H, S & E improvement initiatives and have an appetite for making a difference.
- You'll need a NEBOSH diploma/equivalent or higher or a degree in Health, Safety and Environmental management. You'll also need CMIOSH and an IEMA certification.
- We're looking for you to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across all levels of the site and business to drive engagement of the H, S & E agenda, so you'll need to have the confidence to adapt quickly to the challenges whilst remaining calm and in control at all times, so your communication and negotiation skills will need to be second to none!
- Not only will you be working for one of the world's leading food manufacturers, you'll also get to work for a company that really does put the health & safety of its people at the core and cares about the environment.
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.