HGV Driver Class 1
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Our Distribution Center in Hatfield is a major picking depot, employing more than 180 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 80 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
What you'll be doing
We have an exciting opportunity for an HGV Class 1 driver to join our team based at our Hatfield depot:
Due to on-going business expansion at Greencore DTS we are seeking enthusiastic and hard-working Class 1 Drivers to join our Distribution Centre in Hatfield.
HGV Class 1 Drivers are required for trunk duties between Greencore sites, doing collections and deliveries of food products.
We are a 24/7 operation and have a variety of shifts available to suit your needs.
This role would be ideal for experienced HGV Class 1 Driver looking to develop their career with a growing business – working with some of the UKs’ biggest brands.
- We offer a base rate of £17.53 per hour.
- Overtime premiums are also payable after 42 hours, £21.91 per hour.
- You'll also be eligible for a sign on bonus of £250 if you join us and stay for at least 6 weeks.
What we’re looking for
- Class 1 Licence with a maximum of 3 points
- Current Driver Qualification card & Digital Tachograph
- Have reasonable knowledge of the UK Highway Code and be able to read and understand written instructions displayed on road signs.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.