HGV Class 1 - Trunking (Nights)
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 11,500 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Our Distribution Center in Hatfield is a major picking depot, employing more than 180 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 80 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region.
What you'll be doing
Due to on-going business expansion at Greencore DTS, we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working HGV Class 1 driver to join our team based at our Hatfield depot.
HGV Class 1 Drivers are required for trunking between Greencore sites, doing collections and deliveries of food products.
This role would be ideal for experienced HGV Class 1 driver looking to develop their career with a growing business – working with some of the UKs’ biggest brands.
- We offer a base rate of £17.53 per hour.
- Overtime premiums are payable after 42 hours at £21.91 per hour.
- These are the available start times, with routes planned to be between 8-10 hours long:
What we’re looking for
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
- Class 1 licence with a maximum of 3 points
- Current Driver Qualification card & Digital Tachograph
- Have reasonable knowledge of the UK Highway Code and be able to read and understand written instructions displayed on road signs.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.