You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, salad bar bulk products (2kg), pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Morrisons, Co-op, Asda, Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury’s, KFC, Nando’s, Pizza Hut and Costco. Our Spalding site has a restaurant with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
Rate of pay:
- £11.86 per hour
- Red Shift- Wed-Sat / Thurs-Sat 05:00-17:00
- Spalding, Wardentree Lane, Spalding PE11 3UY
- Collect empty dolavs/containers/pallets and move to correct yard area for storage/collection.
- Unloading/loading vehicles, HGV/courier vans.
- Be aware of the items that are due to be delivered on a particular day, before unloading, – are they due today, is the quantity correct, is the vehicle clean, is the packaging in an acceptable condition?
- Breaks periods in this area are flexible – loading/unloading must be completed before a break is taken. There must be at least one person in this area during the working day.
- Simple paperwork to complete when loading empties or collections as well as when unloading pallet deliveries.
- Some pallets require manual breakdown, either due to being mixed deliveries or too tall for the racking storage.
- Some pallets are turned to change wooden pallets for plastic pallets. Training will be provided for the relevant equipment.
- Move receipted goods to correct areas for storage.
- Other tasks as required.
What we’re looking for
- Hold valid, current FLT CB licence as a minimum. Pivot Steer (Bendi) would be a bonus.
- Carry out basic checks on trucks, top up/change batteries/gas bottles, report defects/concerns.
- GMP/CAYG using manual/mechanical tools as necessary, keep area clean & tidy.
- H&S conscious, this is a very busy area with both pedestrians and vehicles.
- Communicate with Supervisor/Manager/Drivers/Visitors.
- Work with colleagues as part of a team.
- Take responsibility for allocated tasks.
- Understand the importance of controlling allergens and how to store them. Move stock as required to support this.
- Be flexible, learn tasks/roles of other areas, assist if necessary.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
At Greencore we put our people at the core. We celebrate their differences and help everyone to be themselves at work. Together we make every day taste better.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Onsite canteen serving hot food Day & Night
- Onsite staff shop
- Free onsite car park
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.