Goods In Quality Auditor
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
Your overall role will be to verify that all raw materials (Chilled, Frozen, Ambient, Packaging etc.) are delivered within specification and are compliant with food safety and legal guidelines.
You will be working on a 2-week rota working the following shifts;
Week 1 – Thursday to Saturday - 17:00 – 05:00
Week 2 – Wednesday to Saturday – Wednesday 18:00 – 02:30, Thursday to Saturday 17:00 – 05:00
- Sample, test and monitor to verify that all Raw Materials are being supplied in a safe and compliant manner
- Assist in traceability requests.
- Complete routine micro sampling - Collect all relevant samples, with adherence to procedures and protocols, to ensure quality, safety and legality of products sampled
- Liaise with suppliers and undertake Rejections and Non Conformances
- Collate and review CofA.
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and ready for internal and external audits.
- Provide cover for holidays and sickness within the team, (4 on / 4 off if required)
- Ability to communicate between all departments (Planning, Production, Technical, Yard, other sites)
What we’re looking for
- We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Food hygiene
- Health and Safety
- Ideally HACCP Level 2 trained
- Allergen Awareness Training
- Previous raw material experience
- Experience of chilled manufacturing
- Microbiological awareness – understanding of basic of food safety
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.