General Production Operative
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
As a General Production Operative you will be working on the busy production line, ensuring our products our produced to the highest quality and standards.
This may include ensuring that production lines have a constant supply of raw materials and all machines are running at optimum speeds.
As an essential part of the production team, you will be assisting in ensuring our products our produced to the highest quality and standards.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the highest standards of hygiene and quality are always maintained.
You’ll also be making sure that your job is done to a high degree of accuracy and speed in line with company expectations.
· Working as part of a team
· Following instructions and procedures
· Getting a good understanding of health and safety and basic hygiene rules
· Spotting problems
This a physical role which requires some heavy lifting.
No experience necessary we offer full training and will support you in your role here and can even offer you progression and career opportunities!
We can offer you weekly pay with an immediate start, free car parking, great onsite facilities and provide you with full PPE.
What we’re looking for
- We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Strong sense of organisation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong team spirit
- Good physical strength and dexterity, capable of lifting 50 pounds unassisted
- Working knowledge of word-processing software tools
- Able to work on foot for extended periods of time
- Excellent verbal communication
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.