You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Wesupply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
- Development, delivery, and governance of the (GME) Manufacturing Excellence Plan for the site
- Own and lead the Ethical and HS&E action plans for site ensuring the standards, ethical code and audit requirements are met
- Meet the necessary customer, food safety, compliance and environmental codes and standards, addressing any gaps and risks and, ensuring our people are trained, safe and capable
- Delivery of the culture, engagement, and recognition plan at site for colleagues and to support our work in communities
- Identify and narrow the capability gaps, and maximising the potential of our people through delivery and engagement in talent and development activity
- Delivery of the resource plan and management of the risks associated in labour planning to ensure sufficient labour to meet the production plan, including management of the employee relations agenda e.g., trade unions, colleague consultation forums etc
- Ensuring that our customer demand can be met through effective decision making and feasibility of new product production
- Delivery of the P&L through effective budget controls and management e.g., labour, forecasting, waste, overheads, indirect labour, expenses, compliance training spend and forecasting and delivery of the 13-year capital plan
- Effective management of the supply chain through goods to dispatch, managing goods in and controlling external storage costs
- Ensure effective and risk managed IT infrastructure is maintained at site through ownership and governance of standards and embedding of projects
- Support the achievement of our sustainability plan through leading with a sustainability mindset
- Support the achievement of our inclusion and diversity aspirations through role modelling and personally leading and hiring inclusively, embracing and encouraging diversity
- Implement and ensure compliance with our data management and governance policies, procedures and/or guidance governance approaches so that associated risks are mitigated and managed
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable operational leadership experience, ideally in a fast moving consumer goods environment
- Experience leading large and multi discipline teams e.g HR, Finance, Commercial, Technical ideally in a matrix organisation, influencing a broad range of stakeholders to lead change and enhance culture
- High degree of tenacity, resilience, purpose, and dedication to ensure goals are achieved and the team stays motivated and focused
- Experience having lead safety programmes, underpinned by IOSH/NEBOSH or equivalent and specific safety critical training appropriate to the site e.g., legionella duty holder training
- Understanding of and experience relating to ethical codes of practice and standards, informed on modern slavery and customer standards In depth understanding of food safety, hygiene, legislative requirements, and experience with GMP, operating a food safe factory to deliver robust compliance training delivery
- In depth understanding of external environmental requirements and experience operating a facility in line with legislative expectations
- Understanding of engagement drivers - colleague experience and external stakeholders (press/communities/retailers /consumers/public)
- Experience having led pay negotiations, worked with Trade Unions and employee forums, and having managed an agency supply provision desirable
- Understanding of the external market factors impacting retailers and consumer trends and demonstratable financial acumen and experience having built product costings
- Demonstratable experience managing a P&L and understanding of levers and drivers or costs, having built, set, and managed budgets across a range of disciplines
- Understanding of supply chain end to end, key customers, and suppliers at site level
- Robust and well-developed finance skills; comfortable dealing with complex financial data and weighing up risks and choices
- Experience having identified and lead business change and improvement activities and initiatives including capex and investment projects
- Understanding of modern manufacturing practices and technology
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
Were not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Car Allowance
- Spousal Medical Care
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.